Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Free Write

Image result for cross country running quotes



      Today I am going to write about my favorite hobby, cross country. I love running during the summer because it is something I can do during the summer and it helps me clear my mind because I can think about problems while running. It is a long distance running team.

   
      First I'm going to talk about cross country and why I like to run. I started running in 2016 and planning on running for a team throughout college. The first day I ran I didn't know what I was doing. I could not run long distance yet. For the next three days i was sore. Then I kept getting better during summer practices and after school practices.

Image result for cross country running quotes     People ask me why do I like to run cross country. Well my answer is I really don't know. When I started to run I hated it but kept going because it was something I was interested in. Now it's like I can't stop running. It feels like it is addicting to run. My mom told me that someone she knows someone that also runs and he said that it is addicting to run but don't know why it is so addicting. It is also a helps me when I am stressed. Especially this year. I was stress out about Mr. Tuberville's math class and it helped me to not stress out a lot.

   I have been running for three years going on four. I hope to keep running as long as I can. I also just run for fun sometimes. I run when Tombigbee Running Club sets up a charity run. I usually run at Run to the Light every year or Run for the Son. Run to the Light is at night time and I really like running at night. Run for the Son is early in the morning at the Old Lock. I only have been running 5Ks (3.1 miles) but I want to start running a 10K(6.2 miles).

Image result for cross country running quotes   When I started running I thought I was going to be the only girl on the team, but when I got there, there was four other girls. I was glad I wasn't the only girl there. I started talking to people on the team who I didn't think they like to run and started talking to them. Now the team is like one big family. Our coach is like a father and our teammates are brothers and sisters. I hope to run  even out of college. Maybe I can go to the Olympics and be a long distance runner for Team USA.
   

4 comments:

  1. I have started to like running! I have been running a mile at the least everyday.. who knows, maybe i will run cross country one day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On Mondays we run more than 4 miles. On Tuesdays we run at least 4 miles and on Wednesday we run 200 meter sprints. It is a workout but it is a love hate relationship with it.

      Delete
  2. cross county sounds like fun and a lot of hard work

    ReplyDelete