Tuesday, April 16, 2019

What I'm Passionate About



      My passion is running Cross Country. I don't know why I started running but when Coach Cory came to JMS to talk about running for the team, I wanted to try it out. I didn't like it much when I started out because I didn't know what I was doing. Coach led me in the right way and I got the hang of it. I made state my freshmen year. It was the coldest race ever. 
   
      I started running when I was 12 turning 13 when season kicks off. Coach Cory asked the students at JMS and JHS to run for the team and tried out. We would be getting ready for the season during the summer. Coach

Image result for cross country family quotesCory would message us every morning before the race giving his best of wishes to our meet that day and asks how the meet went. He told us how excited we was when we made state. When it did kick off, that's when we worked harder and longer.  It helped out so much because we only had a few weeks before our first race. We race throughout September and October. We only raced in November if we made state. We kept going through the same thing each year. My third year running Coach Cory moved before season started. We ended up getting a new coach, Coach Dustin, that is just as good as Coach Cory. The whole team had a great season that year and most of the team made state. 
   
       I don't know it came to for me to love running. I started it and its hard for me to quit. I guess I like it so much because it helps with stressing out over school and if I had a bad day.  

      I do think this will always be my passion because I hope to run the rest of my high  school years and get a scholarship in athletics and run for that college I choose to go to. I'm going to try my best these next three years to made state again and that will help me out getting a scholarship. 
 
    I really don't know how to share this with others because not everyone likes to run. There is a lot of other sports for people to try out. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment